Syntax to declare Constant "Startup"

In order to employ a splash screen for my application startup, I
referred to the related help file, which states that...

 "the constant Startup is declared in Form1's Interface section"...

But it does not specify the type and syntax for this declaration.

Can someone please help me with the synatx? I am confused, since it
appears to used as a boolean type, but that would make it a variable (?)

TIA

Angus Campbell

For reference, the event handler for the Show method of the splash
screen is as follows:

procedure TForm1.FormActivate(Sender: TObject);
begin
 if Startup then
 begin
 Startup := False;