PASSWORD ACCESS FOR PARADOX TABLES

HI !

I WANT TO PROTECT TABLES WITH PASSWORD BUT ONCE I SET A PASSWORD FOR A
TABLE , AND OPEN THAT TABLE FROM MY APP'S I GET THE LOGIN DIALOG, HOW CAN I
AVOID THAT, I MEAN I DONT WANT TO MY USERS HAVE TO PUT THE PASSWORD FOR THE
TABLE WHEN THEY ARE INSIDE MY APPLICATION , I JUST WANT TO PROTECT THE
TABLES FOR OUTSIDE MY APPLICATION ACCES.

IM USING PARADOX 7.0 TABLES CREATED WITH DATABASE DESKTOP FROM DELPHI 3.0

Re:PASSWORD ACCESS FOR PARADOX TABLES

Perhaps if you didnt shout, someone would have answered sooner.... but

session.addpassword('insertyourpasswordhere);

The only draw back to that is if you do this, you can look through the
exe and the text will appear, my advice is to take your password and
convert it to things like #64+#65+#66 for ABC etc.

On 25 Aug 1999 03:10:00 GMT, "Damian Cabrera" <cabre...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>HI !

>I WANT TO PROTECT TABLES WITH PASSWORD BUT ONCE I SET A PASSWORD FOR A
>TABLE , AND OPEN THAT TABLE FROM MY APP'S I GET THE LOGIN DIALOG, HOW CAN I
>AVOID THAT, I MEAN I DONT WANT TO MY USERS HAVE TO PUT THE PASSWORD FOR THE
>TABLE WHEN THEY ARE INSIDE MY APPLICATION , I JUST WANT TO PROTECT THE
>TABLES FOR OUTSIDE MY APPLICATION ACCES.

>IM USING PARADOX 7.0 TABLES CREATED WITH DATABASE DESKTOP FROM DELPHI 3.0

Re:PASSWORD ACCESS FOR PARADOX TABLES

>I WANT TO PROTECT TABLES WITH PASSWORD BUT ONCE I SET A PASSWORD FOR A
>TABLE , AND OPEN THAT TABLE FROM MY APP'S I GET THE LOGIN DIALOG, HOW CAN I
>AVOID THAT, I MEAN I DONT WANT TO MY USERS HAVE TO PUT THE PASSWORD FOR THE
>TABLE WHEN THEY ARE INSIDE MY APPLICATION , I JUST WANT TO PROTECT THE
>TABLES FOR OUTSIDE MY APPLICATION ACCES.

>IM USING PARADOX 7.0 TABLES CREATED WITH DATABASE DESKTOP FROM DELPHI 3.0

use a Tdatabase in your application.  You can set the password as on of the
params and the login prompt to false.  Then you connect all of your ttable and
tquery components to the Tdatabase
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:PASSWORD ACCESS FOR PARADOX TABLES

Add this line to your source code:

Session.AddPassword('Your Pass here');

Damian Cabrera wrote:
> HI !

> I WANT TO PROTECT TABLES WITH PASSWORD BUT ONCE I SET A PASSWORD FOR A
> TABLE , AND OPEN THAT TABLE FROM MY APP'S I GET THE LOGIN DIALOG, HOW CAN I
> AVOID THAT, I MEAN I DONT WANT TO MY USERS HAVE TO PUT THE PASSWORD FOR THE
> TABLE WHEN THEY ARE INSIDE MY APPLICATION , I JUST WANT TO PROTECT THE
> TABLES FOR OUTSIDE MY APPLICATION ACCES.

> IM USING PARADOX 7.0 TABLES CREATED WITH DATABASE DESKTOP FROM DELPHI 3.0

Other Threads