Delphi 3.0, Access 97, DAO 3.0/3.5

Hello,

I just got a new Pentium II and I seem to be having some
trouble hooking up to my Access databases via Delphi 3.0.
On my old machine, I never had a problem, but now, with the
new machine, whenever I try to set the "Active" property
to True for a table pointing to an Access database (or
try to set the "TableName" property) I keep getting the same error:

"Cannot load an IDAPI service library.
File: c:\windows\msapps\dao\dao3032.dll
Alias: FPC"

I think what is going on is this: I think that Delphi is
looking for DAO 3.0, when in fact, I have DAO 3.5 (DAO350.dll) which is
located in the c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\dao\
directory.

How can I set it up so that Delphi/BDE use the correct DAO?
I have explored doing it in the BDE Administrator, but cannot
seem to make it work.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
-mike

Re:Delphi 3.0, Access 97, DAO 3.0/3.5

>I just got a new Pentium II and I seem to be having some
>trouble hooking up to my Access databases via Delphi 3.0.
>On my old machine, I never had a problem, but now, with the
>new machine, whenever I try to set the "Active" property
>to True for a table pointing to an Access database (or
>try to set the "TableName" property) I keep getting the same error:

>"Cannot load an IDAPI service library.
>File: c:\windows\msapps\dao\dao3032.dll
>Alias: FPC"

In the BDE Administrator, go to Configuration/Drivers/Native/MSACCESS,
change DLL32 from IDDAO32.DLL to IDDA3532.DLL
Dragan

Re:Delphi 3.0, Access 97, DAO 3.0/3.5

You also need to make sure you've downloaded the latest BDE upgrade
(4.51) from Borland (Inprise).  That's the version that contains the
driver for DAO 3.5.

On Sat, 2 May 1998 11:37:36 +0200, "Dragan Juric" <jur...@eunet.yu>
wrote:

>>I just got a new Pentium II and I seem to be having some
>>trouble hooking up to my Access databases via Delphi 3.0.
>>On my old machine, I never had a problem, but now, with the
>>new machine, whenever I try to set the "Active" property
>>to True for a table pointing to an Access database (or
>>try to set the "TableName" property) I keep getting the same error:

>>"Cannot load an IDAPI service library.
>>File: c:\windows\msapps\dao\dao3032.dll
>>Alias: FPC"

>In the BDE Administrator, go to Configuration/Drivers/Native/MSACCESS,
>change DLL32 from IDDAO32.DLL to IDDA3532.DLL
>Dragan

Ray Porter
Applications Analyst Programmer
Administrative Information Services, UNC-CH
Phone: 966-5878
email: l...@email.adp.unc.edu
         dra...@email.unc.edu
Home Page: http://www.adp.unc.edu/~allrp/

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

In article <354ef892.2525...@news.oit.unc.edu>, l...@email.adp.unc.edu (Ray Porter) wrote:
>You also need to make sure you've downloaded the latest BDE upgrade
>(4.51) from Borland (Inprise).  That's the version that contains the
>driver for DAO 3.5.

>On Sat, 2 May 1998 11:37:36 +0200, "Dragan Juric" <jur...@eunet.yu>
>wrote:

>>>I just got a new Pentium II and I seem to be having some
>>>trouble hooking up to my Access databases via Delphi 3.0.
>>>On my old machine, I never had a problem, but now, with the
>>>new machine, whenever I try to set the "Active" property
>>>to True for a table pointing to an Access database (or
>>>try to set the "TableName" property) I keep getting the same error:

>>>"Cannot load an IDAPI service library.
>>>File: c:\windows\msapps\dao\dao3032.dll
>>>Alias: FPC"

>>In the BDE Administrator, go to Configuration/Drivers/Native/MSACCESS,
>>change DLL32 from IDDAO32.DLL to IDDA3532.DLL
>>Dragan

That may not be enough.  I found I had to install Access95, then Delphi3, then
update BDE to 4.51 - then I could use Access97 files.

Installing Office97 first rather than Office95 always caused the above error -
even when I had updated BDE.

Incidently, you can install Office95 and Office97on the same machine - just
use different directories.

Mark.

--
Mark Weatherhead
National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research

Re:Delphi 3.0, Access 97, DAO 3.0/3.5

[This followup was posted to comp.lang.pascal.delphi.databases and a
copy was sent to the cited author.]

Most importantly, make sure you downloaded the latest BDE (version 4.51,
I think).

Look in BDE help file under ACCESS. The help file will tell you that one
of the DLLs mentioned is loaded by default. The help file is wrong.
Configure the MSACCESS driver with the DLL file that the help file says
is correct for your situation.

If this doesn't help, let me know.

In article <mike-0105981718200...@132.170.85.132>, m...@fsec.ucf.edu
says...
:Hello,
:
:I just got a new Pentium II and I seem to be having some
:trouble hooking up to my Access databases via Delphi 3.0.
:On my old machine, I never had a problem, but now, with the
:new machine, whenever I try to set the "Active" property
:to True for a table pointing to an Access database (or
:try to set the "TableName" property) I keep getting the same error:
:
:"Cannot load an IDAPI service library.
:File: c:\windows\msapps\dao\dao3032.dll
:Alias: FPC"
:

Other Threads