Exception dialog when in the IDE

I get exceptions in my program. This is expected and I have a try . .
. except block to handle them. However, when I'm running in the
de{*word*81}, I get a dialog box when this happens. Since I'm already
handling the exception, I just want the program to run. Can this be
done inside the IDE? Thanks

John Baima

Re:Exception dialog when in the IDE

Uncheck this option :

Tools / De{*word*81} options / Language exceptions / Stop on delphi exception

This way the exception will "pop" in the IDE only if it has not been managed (reached TApplication level)

"John Baima" <j...@REMOVEME.silvershot.com> a crit dans le message de news: i4mhnuk1qe799trp8itcduqiph8aa02...@4ax.com...

> I get exceptions in my program. This is expected and I have a try . .
> . except block to handle them. However, when I'm running in the
> de{*word*81}, I get a dialog box when this happens. Since I'm already
> handling the exception, I just want the program to run. Can this be
> done inside the IDE? Thanks

> John Baima

Re:Exception dialog when in the IDE

On Fri, 06 Sep 2002 16:40:29 GMT, John Baima

<j...@REMOVEME.silvershot.com> wrote:
>I get exceptions in my program. This is expected and I have a try . .
>. except block to handle them. However, when I'm running in the
>de{*word*81}, I get a dialog box when this happens. Since I'm already
>handling the exception, I just want the program to run. Can this be
>done inside the IDE? Thanks

Yes, turn off "Break on Exception" in the De{*word*81} Options.

Stephen Posey
slpo...@concentric.net

Re:Exception dialog when in the IDE

Im Artikel <i4mhnuk1qe799trp8itcduqiph8aa02...@4ax.com>, John Baima
<j...@REMOVEME.silvershot.com> schreibt:

>Since I'm already
>handling the exception, I just want the program to run. Can this be
>done inside the IDE?

Uncheck "stop on IDE exceptions" in De{*word*81} Options, or add the exceptions to
ignore to the list.

DoDi

Other Threads