shell32 error on nt

i have a few components that use the shell32.dll and noticed some of my
customers got an error when running it on NT (shell32 not found).  is there a
shell32 on NT (i don't have NT to test this)?  if so why is it erroring? is
there a different shell32 for NT? if not can i legally include my shell32.dll
file with my program when i distribute it? it's shareware.

please reply by e-mail

Re:shell32 error on nt

Hi,

in NT4.0 there's a Shell.DLL as well as Shell32.DLL (both in /System32). I
suppose you are loading the DLL an runtime and access it (or at least have
your own DLL binding). Make sure that the name of the DLL is complete while

procedure Something(Val: Integer); stdcall; external 'Shell32.DLL'; (static
binding) or
LoadLibrary('Shell32.DLL'); (loading at run time).

Ciao, Mike

DALIN <da...@aol.com> schrieb im Beitrag
<1998042817591000.NAA05...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

> i have a few components that use the shell32.dll and noticed some of my
> customers got an error when running it on NT (shell32 not found).  is
there a
> shell32 on NT (i don't have NT to test this)?  if so why is it erroring?
is
> there a different shell32 for NT? if not can i legally include my
shell32.dll
> file with my program when i distribute it? it's shareware.

> please reply by e-mail

Other Threads