Create bar graphs as GIFs

Hi,

I would like to create bar graphs (similar to the graphs produced by
Microsoft Excel or Webalizer) in my Delphi application, but I need to save
them as GIFs dynamically. After running a SQL query against my database, I
would need to export a graph of the data. Does anybody know of any
components or units that can do this?

--
Chazza

Re:Create bar graphs as GIFs

Use a TChart (comes with delphi) and then use the free PNG library (search
this newsgroup) to save the files as PNG. PNG works with all browsers,
compresses really well for computer generated images and you don't have any
problems with the F* unisys patent fee that you need for GIF.

Just delve a bit into how you can render the TChart directly to a bitmap
canvas instead of a form..

Nils
www.abc-view.com

Chazza <y...@right.com> wrote in message news:3d020b27$1_1@dnews...
> Hi,

> I would like to create bar graphs (similar to the graphs produced by
> Microsoft Excel or Webalizer) in my Delphi application, but I need to save
> them as GIFs dynamically. After running a SQL query against my database, I
> would need to export a graph of the data. Does anybody know of any
> components or units that can do this?

> --
> Chazza

Re:Create bar graphs as GIFs

Excellent. Thanks.

--
Chazza

"Nils" <n.ha...@quicknet.nl> wrote in message news:3d0332af_2@dnews...
> Use a TChart (comes with delphi) and then use the free PNG library (search
> this newsgroup) to save the files as PNG. PNG works with all browsers,
> compresses really well for computer generated images and you don't have
any
> problems with the F* unisys patent fee that you need for GIF.

> Just delve a bit into how you can render the TChart directly to a bitmap
> canvas instead of a form..

> Nils
> www.abc-view.com

> Chazza <y...@right.com> wrote in message news:3d020b27$1_1@dnews...
> > Hi,

> > I would like to create bar graphs (similar to the graphs produced by
> > Microsoft Excel or Webalizer) in my Delphi application, but I need to
save
> > them as GIFs dynamically. After running a SQL query against my database,
> > would need to export a graph of the data. Does anybody know of any
> > components or units that can do this?

> > --
> > Chazza

Other Threads