anyone built a screensaver?

I am trying to build one, but I am having some problems, see process
problems in a previous threads.

Re:anyone built a screensaver?

"Gary Davisson" <deadid...@phonetech.com> wrote in message

> I am trying to build one, but I am having some problems, see process
> problems in a previous threads.

Hi

I did but I do not understand your problem. Could you go
a little bit deeper into that what you are trying to do?

Regards

--
Andreas Kardin
Software Developer

Re:anyone built a screensaver?

In article <39c15482_1@dnews>, deadid...@phonetech.com says...
> I am trying to build one, but I am having some problems, see process
> problems in a previous threads.

Gary,

I found that the Borland/Inprise example had a few oddities itself. Most
exciting was the fact that its Configuration dialog is non-modal! You can
it, etc., all while the simple saver's Configuration dialog is displayed.

Check my recent PC Magazine utility ScreenPhaser (find it at
www.pcmag.com/utilities). It's a Delphi-based screen saver, and you can
study the supplied source code to see what's done differently from yours.
--
Neil J. Rubenking
Contributing Technical Editor

Re:anyone built a screensaver?

Ypu can also find ScreenPhaser at
ftp://ftp.zdnet.com/pcmag/2000/0919/

Re:anyone built a screensaver?

In article <39C232A6.3BD52...@ais.net>, qu...@ais.net says...
> Ypu can also find ScreenPhaser at
> ftp://ftp.zdnet.com/pcmag/2000/0919/

True, but that gets you ONLY the file itself. The other link also gives
you an article that includes a section on the programming problems that
came up during the implementation.
--
Neil J. Rubenking
Contributing Technical Editor
PC Magazine

Re:anyone built a screensaver?

Neil,
Sorry I got back to this so late, but I can't see the other link you talked
about.
Thanks guys

In article <39cfd0ca_2@dnews>, deadid...@phonetech.com says...
> Sorry I got back to this so late, but I can't see the other link you talked
> about.

Don't worry about any 'other link'. Go to www.pcmag.com/utilities and
select ScreenPhaser. I'm pretty sure it's still recent enough to be on
the main page there. If not, choose the "by name alphabetically" link
that would include "S".
--

> Don't worry about any 'other link'. Go to www.pcmag.com/utilities and
> select ScreenPhaser. I'm pretty sure it's still recent enough to be on
> the main page there. If not, choose the "by name alphabetically" link
> that would include "S".

Here's a direct link to Neil's "Mutate Your Screen" and ScreenPhaser utility:
http://www.zdnet.com/pcmag/stories/solutions/0,8224,2622886,00.html

Find direct links to many of Neil's PC Magazine utilities
(all of the Delphi ones that I can find) under "Neil Rubenking"
on the Pillars of Delph page:
http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/Delphi/Pillars

--
efg

Earl F. Glynn     E-mail:  e...@efg2.com
Overland Park, KS  USA

Re:anyone built a screensaver?

Thanks a lot for the links, I am making progress in my "free-time"

Other Threads