TConversion Descendant - Translate Word file to Rich Text

Hi all
Is there anyone out there who has made / knows how to make a TConversion
descendant which could be used to import a Word file directly into a
RichEdit ? (ie I would prefer just to use the TRichEdit.lines.loadfromfile
or loadfromstream method, and not Word OLEAutomation, to convert the word
document to an RTF doc.)

Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

Regards

Mike M

Re:TConversion Descendant - Translate Word file to Rich Text

In next versions the TMSWordDocument component
(http://www.scalabium.com/msword) will support such conversion. Now only
plain text is extracted.

PS: TMSWordDocument doesn't use MS Word. This is direct doc-file parsing.

--
With best regards, Mike Shkolnik
E-mail: mshkol...@scalabium.com

"Mike Manning" <mpmann...@optusnet.co~~~m.au> wrote in message

> Hi all
> Is there anyone out there who has made / knows how to make a TConversion
> descendant which could be used to import a Word file directly into a
> RichEdit ? (ie I would prefer just to use the TRichEdit.lines.loadfromfile
> or loadfromstream method, and not Word OLEAutomation, to convert the word
> document to an RTF doc.)

> Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

> Regards

> Mike M

Re:TConversion Descendant - Translate Word file to Rich Text

Holy Schmoly!  That component is awesome.  I have a few word docs that I
have been able to get ANY text from even using Word automation.  I've tried
probably two dozen apps, mostly Linux/C things (yuck!) and this is by far
the best converter.  I'm signing up now.

"Mike Shkolnik" <mshkolnik2...@ukr.net> wrote in message

> In next versions the TMSWordDocument component
> (http://www.scalabium.com/msword) will support such conversion. Now only
> plain text is extracted.

> PS: TMSWordDocument doesn't use MS Word. This is direct doc-file parsing.

> --
> With best regards, Mike Shkolnik
> E-mail: mshkol...@scalabium.com
> WEB: http://www.scalabium.com

> "Mike Manning" <mpmann...@optusnet.co~~~m.au> wrote in message
> > Hi all
> > Is there anyone out there who has made / knows how to make a TConversion
> > descendant which could be used to import a Word file directly into a
> > RichEdit ? (ie I would prefer just to use the

TRichEdit.lines.loadfromfile

> > or loadfromstream method, and not Word OLEAutomation, to convert the
word
> > document to an RTF doc.)

> > Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

> > Regards

> > Mike M

Re:TConversion Descendant - Translate Word file to Rich Text

Thanks for such kind words.
Anyway I sure that in future this component will allow to do more than even
now:-)

--

"Robert H Ruff" <i...@sovren.com> wrote in message

> Holy Schmoly!  That component is awesome.  I have a few word docs that I
> have been able to get ANY text from even using Word automation.  I've
tried
> probably two dozen apps, mostly Linux/C things (yuck!) and this is by far
> the best converter.  I'm signing up now.

> "Mike Shkolnik" <mshkolnik2...@ukr.net> wrote in message
> > In next versions the TMSWordDocument component
> > (http://www.scalabium.com/msword) will support such conversion. Now only
> > plain text is extracted.

> > PS: TMSWordDocument doesn't use MS Word. This is direct doc-file
parsing.

> > --
> > With best regards, Mike Shkolnik
> > E-mail: mshkol...@scalabium.com
> > WEB: http://www.scalabium.com

> > "Mike Manning" <mpmann...@optusnet.co~~~m.au> wrote in message
> > > Hi all
> > > Is there anyone out there who has made / knows how to make a
TConversion
> > > descendant which could be used to import a Word file directly into a
> > > RichEdit ? (ie I would prefer just to use the
> TRichEdit.lines.loadfromfile
> > > or loadfromstream method, and not Word OLEAutomation, to convert the
> word
> > > document to an RTF doc.)

> > > Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

> > > Regards

> > > Mike M

Re:TConversion Descendant - Translate Word file to Rich Text

Thanks very much Mike -  your component looks really good.
Unfortunately I really need Rich text format (not plain text) - so I guess
I'll have to use OLE until you complete the next version of your component.

Hope you get it finished soon !

Mike M

> Thanks for such kind words.
> Anyway I sure that in future this component will allow to do more than
even
> now:-)

> --
> With best regards, Mike Shkolnik
> E-mail: mshkol...@scalabium.com
> WEB: http://www.scalabium.com

> "Robert H Ruff" <i...@sovren.com> wrote in message
> > Holy Schmoly!  That component is awesome.  I have a few word docs that I
> > have been able to get ANY text from even using Word automation.  I've
> tried
> > probably two dozen apps, mostly Linux/C things (yuck!) and this is by
far
> > the best converter.  I'm signing up now.

> > "Mike Shkolnik" <mshkolnik2...@ukr.net> wrote in message
> > > In next versions the TMSWordDocument component
> > > (http://www.scalabium.com/msword) will support such conversion. Now
only
> > > plain text is extracted.

> > > PS: TMSWordDocument doesn't use MS Word. This is direct doc-file
> parsing.

> > > --
> > > With best regards, Mike Shkolnik
> > > E-mail: mshkol...@scalabium.com