Paradox tables block size

Hi All,

I am trying to create a paradox table with a block size of 16384 (in
order to get a max table size>128 megs). I have set the block size
parameter of the paradox driver to this value (with BDE admin
utility), but when I create a new table,the  BDE uses 2048 instead (as
shown by the PXREST.EXE utility).

Is someone knows what appens and if there is a workaround ?
(I use a french D5.01 Entreprise under NT4SP5).

TIA

Francois

Re:Paradox tables block size

>I am trying to create a paradox table with a block size of 16384 (in
>order to get a max table size>128 megs). I have set the block size
>parameter of the paradox driver to this value (with BDE admin
>utility), but when I create a new table,the  BDE uses 2048 instead (as
>shown by the PXREST.EXE utility).

If you set the block size higher than 4K you also have to set the default table
level to 7.  Table levels less than 7 do not support a block size greater than
4K

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Paradox tables block size

On Tue, 30 May 2000 04:20:11 GMT, BBus...@Nmpls.com (Brian Bushay

TeamB) wrote:
>If you set the block size higher than 4K you also have to set the default table
>level to 7.  Table levels less than 7 do not support a block size greater than
>4K

Hi Brian,

The Borland PXrest.exe demo/utility is able to restucture a table to
level5/16k block size. Paradox 8 is able to create a level5/16k table
if this is setup using the BDE admin. Delphi 5/BDE only creates
level5/2k tables whatever the BDE setup is. Is this a bug ? Workaround
?

TIA

Francois

Re:Paradox tables block size

Hi,

Sorry, I have found the problem, no relations with D5/BDE.

Thanks,

Francois

Re:Paradox tables block size

>The Borland PXrest.exe demo/utility is able to restucture a table to
>level5/16k block size.

Not with out changing it to a Level 7 table.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Other Threads