Native Driver Delphi for Sybase SQL Anywhere ?

I work with Delphi3 Prof and Sybase SQL Anywhere with ODBC. Now I heard,
that the native driver which comes with C/S-version would be 3 to 4 times
faster than the ODBC-Connection.

Does anybody know it ? How much faster is it ?

The main problem for me would be the high price. To update to C/S ( and
maybe to Delphi4 ) would cost around $2000. That's a lot of money for only
one driver. Is there a possibility to get it much cheaper ?

What's the difference on the installation ? How does the native driver of
the client find the Server on a NT-Server ?

Thanks for any tips.

Willi

wkueh...@bluewin.ch