Where can I get deployment BDE 5.11 that I can give to my users?

Hi All,

Your help is very much appreciated.

1. Where can I get deployment BDE 5.11 that I can give to my users?  It
needs to be   the full BDE installation they do not have anything on their
machines.
2. How can I configure all the parameters for my users.

Thanks

Re:Where can I get deployment BDE 5.11 that I can give to my users?

http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/bdeupdate.html

> 2. How can I configure all the parameters for my users.

        What is it that you want to configure?  Do you want to set up aliases?

        -Craig

Re:Where can I get deployment BDE 5.11 that I can give to my users?

Hi,

Basically I need to create aliases with some properties different than the
defaults and also change the INIT parameters (SHAREDMEMSIZE etc.)

About the link that you sent me.  There are two files for BDE 5.11

BDE 5.11 MSI Merge Module English Enterprise version (9,580,163 bytes)
And
English bde511en.exe

Which one is the one I need?
Is it only an upgrade from 5.01 or also a full setup?
How can I check if the upgrade succeeded?

Thanks for all your help,

"Avi W." wrote:

> Basically I need to create aliases with some properties different than the
> defaults and also change the INIT parameters (SHAREDMEMSIZE etc.)

        What are you using as your installer?  One easy way to do this is to
write a program to do it.  See TSession.AddAlias.

> About the link that you sent me.  There are two files for BDE 5.11

> BDE 5.11 MSI Merge Module English Enterprise version (9,580,163 bytes)
> And
> English bde511en.exe

> Which one is the one I need?

        Depends.  The MSI Merge is if you're using a Windows Installer based
installation program.  The latter is standalone.

> Is it only an upgrade from 5.01 or also a full setup?
> How can I check if the upgrade succeeded?

        One way would be to check the BDE version:

        HTH,

        -Craig