Lock Timeouts Under Windows XP Pro (Works On All Other Windows Systems)

Greetings,

I have written an app (currently under D7 Studio Architect) that has worked
flawlessly under everything from Win98 to Windows 2000 for years (Since D4).
The data resides on a Novell Netware server.  We are using the BDE and
Paradox tables.

We just installed a new workstation (XP Pro)... everything is set up as per
the other workstations - local share is on, the Paradox driver's NET DIR is
set up properly.

Everything tested on this workstation has worked well except for one of my
forms - it uses a query to make a list of all of the non-terminated
employees.  This also works fine - everything appears normally.

There is also a table open that contains employee absence data.  If I go to
modify a record or create a new record in this file, I get lock timeouts and
the data never gets written.

As I mentioned, this has worked fine for years under the other versions of
Windows, but this error repeats under XP Pro.

Is there anything I can do to correct this?

Thanks in advance,

>>> Rick <<<

Re:Lock Timeouts Under Windows XP Pro (Works On All Other Windows Systems)

Further to this, it appears that I get lock timeouts whenever I try to
update any table that has referential integrity on it.

Example:

EmployeeMaster.db - Main Database
EmployeeHours - Linked to the above by employee number

If I try to insert or update a record in EmployeeHours, I get the lock
timeout.  It works fine on the other Windows systems.

>>> Rick <<<

Re:Lock Timeouts Under Windows XP Pro (Works On All Other Windows Systems)

Following up even further, the problem only manifests itself if using
Microsoft's Novell Client For Windows XP.

We downloaded and installed Novell's client and the problem went away.

Sorry to have bothered the newsgroup... I'm hoping that this may help those
who are experiencing problems accessing tables involving referential
integrity when using Microsoft's Netware Client.

>>> Rick <<<

Other Threads