Board index » delphi » Index - Creating new MDX index without previous index to copy

Index - Creating new MDX index without previous index to copy

We need to reindex a group of files imported from Clipper.  As such, they did NOT use MDX indices.

How do we create the MDX indices from scratch?  

We have already tried AddIndex method, and we got the error message that no MDX or CDX files exist.

We also tried using BDE reindexing function.   That also required a pre-existing MDX.

All suggestions welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Sim Jackendoff
F1 Associates

 

Re:Index - Creating new MDX index without previous index to copy


On 2 Apr 1999 23:02:40 GMT, Samuel Jackendoff <sam...@datanow.org>
wrote:

Quote
>We need to reindex a group of files imported from Clipper.  As such, they did NOT use MDX indices.

Sim,

When you open the table in Database Desktop, which table type is
displayed in the Caption?

Jan

Re:Index - Creating new MDX index without previous index to copy


When we open the table in the Database Desktop,  the table type is .DBF  (dBase).

I appreciate your help.

Sam Jackendoff

Quote

>When you open the table in Database Desktop, which table type is
>displayed in the Caption?

>Jan

>On 2 Apr 1999 23:02:40 GMT, Samuel Jackendoff <sam...@datanow.org>
>wrote:

>>We need to reindex a group of files imported from Clipper.  As such, they did NOT use MDX indices.

>Sim,

Re:Index - Creating new MDX index without previous index to copy


When we open the table in the Database Desktop,  the table type is .DBF  (dBase).

I appreciate your help.

Sam Jackendoff

Quote

>When you open the table in Database Desktop, which table type is
>displayed in the Caption?

>Jan

>On 2 Apr 1999 23:02:40 GMT, Samuel Jackendoff <sam...@datanow.org>
>wrote:

>>We need to reindex a group of files imported from Clipper.  As such, they did NOT use MDX indices.

>Sim,

Re:Index - Creating new MDX index without previous index to copy


On 6 Apr 1999 18:36:05 GMT, Samuel Jackendoff <sam...@datanow.org>
wrote:

Quote
>When we open the table in the Database Desktop,  the table type is .DBF  (dBase).

Since you mentioned MDX, I kind of expected it to be DBF <g>.  But
what level exactly?  DBase III+/IV or higher?

Jan

Other Threads