Loss of data converting memo field to formatted memo

I have a paradox (7) table with a field "Info" type - Memo size - 240.

If I restructure this table and change this field to type -  Formatted memo
size - 240, I lose the first 240 chars of the field.

How can I convert this field from memo to formatted memo?  I have tried
adjusting the sizes with no success.

Thanks.

Bill

Re:Loss of data converting memo field to formatted memo

Sorry, I just found out that Delphi does not support the paradox formatted
field.
Bill Urbanovsky wrote in message <74saut$go...@forums.borland.com>...
>I have a paradox (7) table with a field "Info" type - Memo size - 240.

>If I restructure this table and change this field to type -  Formatted memo
>size - 240, I lose the first 240 chars of the field.

>How can I convert this field from memo to formatted memo?  I have tried
>adjusting the sizes with no success.

>Thanks.

>Bill

Re:Loss of data converting memo field to formatted memo

>I have a paradox (7) table with a field "Info" type - Memo size - 240.

>If I restructure this table and change this field to type -  Formatted memo
>size - 240, I lose the first 240 chars of the field.

>How can I convert this field from memo to formatted memo?  I have tried
>adjusting the sizes with no success.

You would need to do it with Paradox the database product (now owned by Corel)

Delphi does not have any support for the Formated memo type.  I would not advise
using it.   If you ever have to rebuild your table with Tutiltiy you will loose
any data you put in a formated Memo field becuase Delphi does not know how to
handle this field type.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Loss of data converting memo field to formatted memo

Brian,

Thank you. I will do as you advise and stay away from the formatted memo
type.

Brian Bushay TeamB wrote in message <367c01dd.58536937@floyd>...
>Delphi does not have any support for the Formated memo type.  I would not
advise
>using it.   If you ever have to rebuild your table with Tutiltiy you will
loose
>any data you put in a formated Memo field becuase Delphi does not know how
>handle this field type.

Other Threads