Crystal locks rpt files

Hi all,
I've found out that the Crystal VCL retains the lock on the rpt file even
after the job has finished execute. I need to delete the rpt after the
print. I've tryed CloseJob and/or CloseEngine but none of them helps.
BTW, why doesn't CloseEngine unload the dlls? Is this a known bug bug?
Ciao,
Gianandrea.

Re:Crystal locks rpt files

Gianandrea Gobbo wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've found out that the Crystal VCL retains the lock on the rpt file even
> after the job has finished execute.

I have not found this to be the case in CR7 or CR8, at least, with VCL751.

John Pierce

Re:Crystal locks rpt files

"John Pierce" <jpie...@healthplanning.com> wrote in message

> Gianandrea Gobbo wrote:

> > Hi all,
> > I've found out that the Crystal VCL retains the lock on the rpt file
even
> > after the job has finished execute.

> I have not found this to be the case in CR7 or CR8, at least, with VCL751.

> John Pierce

This happens if you modify dinamically the parametrs or the SQL.
J.

Re:Crystal locks rpt files

Gianandrea Gobbo wrote:

> This happens if you modify dinamically the parametrs or the SQL.
> J.

Did you try sending a CloseJob at the end?

John Pierce

Re:Crystal locks rpt files

Sorry dor the delay, but I've been out to a client site...
Yes, we tryed closejob and even closeengine but with no results.
I'm finding the Crystal framework unpredictably weak. I have some
installations where everything goes smoothly, and others where thing crashes
pretty quick. We've tryed to do a porting to CR 8: things got slightly
better but the problems remained.
Looks like it depends also from the OS: with NT SP5 things are better than
with 2k.
We have developed a small program that demontrates that the bug is due to
Crystal,
whoever is interested can ask me the exe/sources.
Ciao,
Gianandrea.

> Gianandrea Gobbo wrote:

> > This happens if you modify dinamically the parametrs or the SQL.
> > J.

> Did you try sending a CloseJob at the end?

> John Pierce

Other Threads