Problem in Indy 9 TIdFTP component

All,

I use Indy TIdFTP component in my software to get some binary data files
from a SUN solrias 2.5 server, but I find out a problem that if the file
contains char '$0A', which means a new line descriptor, the TIdFTP component
will atuomatically add a char '$0D' before every char '$0A', it seems the
FTP transfer type is ASCII, not binary, even I have set the TransferType of
TIdFTP to be ftBinary.

I Use Delphi 7, and the version of Indy is 9.

Does anyone here know how to deal with it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Peer

Re:Problem in Indy 9 TIdFTP component

Peer Lu wrote in message ...
>All,

>I use Indy TIdFTP component in my software to get some binary data files
>from a SUN solrias 2.5 server, but I find out a problem that if the file
>contains char '$0A', which means a new line descriptor, the TIdFTP
component
>will atuomatically add a char '$0D' before every char '$0A', it seems the
>FTP transfer type is ASCII, not binary, even I have set the TransferType
of
>TIdFTP to be ftBinary.

>I Use Delphi 7, and the version of Indy is 9.

>Does anyone here know how to deal with it?

Use the source, Luke. You've spotted and identified the problem
flawlessly, now just solve it. Check what exactly happens when
setting the TransferType, if the Type command is sent correctly
(and when), and if the problem appears to be server-side or
client-side.

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink

Other Threads