Communicate thru RS-232 Port in Delphi 4

Dear Everbody:

Would you please tell me HOW can I communicate with another device from
a PC's
RS-232 COMM Port in Delphi 4?

There are many books or menus about database in Delphi field,
But, few in communication......

Please tell me some reference books,
or tell me what control component I can use.

Thanks a lot!!

Re:Communicate thru RS-232 Port in Delphi 4

On Tue, 08 Sep 1998 10:40:54 +0800, Yang <z...@usa.net> wrote:
>Dear Everbody:

>Would you please tell me HOW can I communicate with another device from
>a PC's
>RS-232 COMM Port in Delphi 4?

>There are many books or menus about database in Delphi field,
>But, few in communication......

>Please tell me some reference books,
>or tell me what control component I can use.

>Thanks a lot!!

I use Delphi 3 and there is no existing component that does so. So I
wrote myself a unit called CommUnit.pas that uses win32SDK and works
all right with any port at any speed.
Simply compile it with your project.
Use instructions like these

INITCOM ('COM1',9600,NOPARITY,8,ONESTOPBIT);

Read_com_data.(timeout in ms)....

Write_com_data...

ms := 'Hello'...
Write_com (ms);

etc..

RESETCOM ('COM1);

You can also transfer whole files . I join the source. I am sorry but
my comments are in french. If you are interested I can translate or
help you.

        Bye.
                JP TROLET

Other Threads