D2 application won't compile in D3.01/cs

I have a project that uses OLE Automation to populate a set of Excel
spreadsheets with data from files downloaded from the mainframe.  I'm
ready to upgrade this project (actually there are several that do the
same thing) from D2 to D3.01/cs but I've run into a small problem.
Delphi is unable to find Oleauto.dcu when I try to compile.
Consequently my compile fails.

I did a little searching and found 2 copies of oleauto.dcu on my
machine.  One was in "\Delphi 3\SLib".  The Other was in "\Delphi
3\Lib\Delphi2".  I copy oleauto from \SLib to \Lib then Delphi couldn't
find OLE2.dcu or olectl.dcu.  Both of these files were in the "\Delphi
3\Lib\Delphi2" directory so I copied them to "\Delphi 3\Lib".
Everything compiled and worked just fine then.  My question is, is this
what I should have done or should I have done something with the library
path?  Why weren't these files where Delphi could find them to begin
with?  Even the word example given in the help files wouldn't work until
I moved these files around.

Ray Porter
Applications Analyst Programmer
Administrative Information Services, UNC-CH
Phone: 966-5878
email: l...@email.adp.unc.edu
         dra...@email.unc.edu
Home Page: http://www.adp.unc.edu/~allrp/

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Re:D2 application won't compile in D3.01/cs

Ray Porter wrote in message <3443BC95.1...@email.adp.unc.edu>...
>I have a project that uses OLE Automation to populate a set of Excel
>spreadsheets with data from files downloaded from the mainframe.  I'm
>ready to upgrade this project (actually there are several that do the
>same thing) from D2 to D3.01/cs but I've run into a small problem.
>Delphi is unable to find Oleauto.dcu when I try to compile.
>Consequently my compile fails.

In Delphi3 that unit now named "ComObj".

--
Alexander Petrosyan (PAF), Moscow.
email: p...@i-connect.ru; p...@chat.ru; p...@fbit.msk.su

Other Threads