Screensaver

Hallo:

I'd like to write myself a screensaver for Windows with BP7.

The idea is to simply blank the screen and to include in the message
loop of the screensaver a
  asm
    hlt
  end
sequence, so that the processor is stopped until its reactived by the
next timer interrupt. (The hlt reduces the power consumption of the
processor quite dramatically)

What do you think of it?

And (BTW): Does anybody have some source laying around which he/she
can mail to me, so that I only would have to build in the above
mentioned little sequence?

Best Regards,
N. Hartkamp

Adress:
Dr.N.Hartkamp
Klinik fuer Psychotherapie der Universitaet
P.O.Box 12 05 10
40605 Duesseldorf
Phone: +49-211-922-4722
FAX:   +49-211-922-4707
e-Mail:hartk...@uni-duesseldorf.de (office)
MBX:   N-HARTK...@NADESHDA.GUN.DE  (private)

Re:Screensaver

In article <4l7but$...@selene.rz.uni-duesseldor f.de>, from
hartk...@uni-duesseldorf.de (Norbert Hartkamp), the following was
written:

> I'd like to write myself a screensaver for Windows with BP7.

> The idea is to simply blank the screen and to include in the message
> loop of the screensaver a
> asm
> hlt
> end
> sequence, so that the processor is stopped until its reactived by the
> next timer interrupt. (The hlt reduces the power consumption of the
> processor quite dramatically)

> What do you think of it?

A great way to crash the whole operating system. You don't seem to
know what Windows does while you think it is idle.

   Basti

       Bastisoft      101674.2...@compuserve.com

       Fleestedt, Germany