No user transaction is currently in progress

Howdy all!

I'm working in Delphi 4 with Interbase 5.5.  Every so often I get the
error message in the title.  Just wondering what it means besides the
obvious and what I might be able to do to keep it from happening.

Thanks!

rob :)
--
Robert Claffie Jr.
Programmer/Analyst

Re:No user transaction is currently in progress

  This will happen if you call rollback or commit twice.  We had this
problem when we trapped an exception and called rollback, then re-raised the
exception and another piece of code trapped it and also called rollback.  If
you have this problem and can't restructure your code to avoid it, you can
always protect against it by checking the InTransaction property (method?)
of the database component before calling commit or rollback.
-Howard

Robert Claffie wrote:

> I'm working in Delphi 4 with Interbase 5.5.

        Also, please do not use IB 5.5 at all.  It has serious bugs which can
corrupt your data.  The upgrade to 5.6 is free, and, of course, IB6 is
free, period.

        HTH,

        -Craig

--
Craig Stuntz               Vertex Systems Corporation
Senior Developer           http://www.vertexsoftware.com

Re:No user transaction is currently in progress

From: Craig Stuntz <cstuntz@no_spam.vertexsoftware.com>

>> I'm working in Delphi 4 with Interbase 5.5.
>        Also, please do not use IB 5.5 at all.  It has serious bugs
which can
>corrupt your data.  The upgrade to 5.6 is free,

Actually I am in IB 5.6.  I forgot I had gotten the update.  I, too,
have heard the horror stories of IB5.5.

>and, of course, IB6 is
>free, period.

Unfortunately that probably won't happen until I get an extra PC to
experiment with.

rob :) - BWAHAHAHAHA

From: "Howard Moon" <hm...@landstar.com>

> This will happen if you call rollback or commit twice.  We had this
>problem when we trapped an exception and called rollback, then
re-raised the
>exception and another piece of code trapped it and also called
rollback.  If
>you have this problem and can't restructure your code to avoid it, you
can
>always protect against it by checking the InTransaction property
(method?)
>of the database component before calling commit or rollback.

Thank you!  Most enlightening...

rob :)
--
Robert Claffie Jr.