Oracle BLOB data type..

Hi there..

Does anyone out there manage to use Oracle BLOB data type with Delphi, I
have been trying unsuccessfully to get it working and appreciate if anyone
have a sample code or white paper..anything to put me in the right
direction.

The environment is:

    Delphi 4.2 Client/Servier Suite
    Oracle 8.0.4.0.0 for NT

Thanks in advance

Hassan

Re:Oracle BLOB data type..

I finally gave up because of time pressure, and used a long varchar, which
worked very nicely. I think I would have gotten it to work eventually though.
Which problem are you encountering?
Hassan Yousry wrote:
> Hi there..

> Does anyone out there manage to use Oracle BLOB data type with Delphi, I
> have been trying unsuccessfully to get it working and appreciate if anyone
> have a sample code or white paper..anything to put me in the right
> direction.

> The environment is:

>     Delphi 4.2 Client/Servier Suite
>     Oracle 8.0.4.0.0 for NT

> Thanks in advance

> Hassan

Re:Oracle BLOB data type..

I had this problems with other databases and not Oracle,
if you are using ODBC please check related other newsgroups at Oracle,
these problems generally occur due to ODBC driver capabilities, is it does not
work,
send your UpdateSQL via TQuery.ExecSQL;
I think reading vie normal TQuery will not be a problem.
Hassan Yousry wrote:
> Hi there..

> Does anyone out there manage to use Oracle BLOB data type with Delphi, I
> have been trying unsuccessfully to get it working and appreciate if anyone
> have a sample code or white paper..anything to put me in the right
> direction.

> The environment is:

>     Delphi 4.2 Client/Servier Suite
>     Oracle 8.0.4.0.0 for NT