Q: Creating an empty ACCESS MDB?

Hi!
I try to do an export from paradox to access. I use the TBatch-Move which
worls perfertly well in creating the tables. But how can I create the empty
MDB? Now I have a empty MDB supplied which is copied prior to the TBatchMove
but this is somwhat clumsy.

Thanks in advance!

--
Bernd Maierhofer
dato Denkwerkzeuge

Re:Q: Creating an empty ACCESS MDB?

In article <6jtua3$p...@forums.borland.com>, Bernd Maierhofer wrote:
> But how can I create the empty MDB?

It's annoying to code that much just to create an MDB, but we call the
Access DAO engine.   You may wish to stick with copying a blank MDB.
You can embed the MDB in your EXE as a resource, so you don't need an
extra file.

In article <6jvsa0$q...@forums.borland.com>, Juan Jimenez (TeamB) wrote:
> Look in the Access help file for the JET SQL syntax to create a database.

I find DAO calls to create a database, and SQL syntax to create table or
index, but no SQL for database creation.  Can you give a hint?

Re:Q: Creating an empty ACCESS MDB?

Well, I guess I was wrong. You're right, I can't find a JET SQL statement to
create a database. You can only do that with the CreateDatabase command
within DAO.

Scott Samet (TeamB) wrote in message ...
>In article <6jvsa0$q...@forums.borland.com>, Juan Jimenez (TeamB) wrote:

>> Look in the Access help file for the JET SQL syntax to create a database.

>I find DAO calls to create a database, and SQL syntax to create table or
>index, but no SQL for database creation.  Can you give a hint?

Other Threads