How to debug ActiveX DLL (COM DLL)

Hi,

I managed to create a simple ActiveX DLL with Delphi 4. I want to use it's
functionality from within another sample Delphi program. I also want to
debug the sample program and the code inside the ActiveX DLL at the same
time.

Should work like if I create an ordinary  class TMyClass and use it in a
Delphi program like

uses myclass;

procedure TForm1.Abcde();
var tmc : TMyClass;
begin
   tmc  := TMyClass.Create;
   tmc.dosomething

I can debug the code above and, of course, the code of TMyClass.

Thanks.

Sascha

Re:How to debug ActiveX DLL (COM DLL)

If you want to debug an ActiveX dll with a host EXE, open the ActiveX dll
project in Delphi and set the Run | Parameters | Host Application to your
client EXE application.

have fun
--
Binh Ly
Need help on COM development?

Sascha Krning <Sascha.Kruen...@MuM.de> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I managed to create a simple ActiveX DLL with Delphi 4. I want to use it's
> functionality from within another sample Delphi program. I also want to
> debug the sample program and the code inside the ActiveX DLL at the same
> time.

> Should work like if I create an ordinary  class TMyClass and use it in a
> Delphi program like

> uses myclass;

> procedure TForm1.Abcde();
> var tmc : TMyClass;
> begin
>    tmc  := TMyClass.Create;
>    tmc.dosomething

> I can debug the code above and, of course, the code of TMyClass.

> Thanks.

> Sascha

Other Threads