Small Form giving trouble in Windows XP

Sorry, i should have added i am running Delphi 5 on Win 98

Thanks
John

Re:Small Form giving trouble in Windows XP

I have a Logon form in my application and a user running XP is telling me
that he has to scroll down the form to get at the Ok button.
This seems very strange, as the form is not very big anyway and only
contains 2 buttons and 1 Radio group box containing 2 radio buttons.

I haven't got Windows XP so i wondered if anyone else had seen this
behaviour ?

Many thank

"John" <john.shobbr...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> I have a Logon form in my application and a user running XP is telling
me
> that he has to scroll down the form to get at the Ok button.
> This seems very strange, as the form is not very big anyway and only
> contains 2 buttons and 1 Radio group box containing 2 radio buttons.

> I haven't got Windows XP so i wondered if anyone else had seen this
> behaviour ?

Yes, it's quite typical.  The title bar is taller, hence the problem.
What I do is:

- set scaled False
- override Loaded for the form to have HandleNeeded (if required)

David

Re:Small Form giving trouble in Windows XP

Change borderStyle to bsDialog, Scaled := true; Autoscroll := false;
You will see the same problem on your machine, if you switch to large font.
--
Robert
John wrote in message <3d89f...@newsgroups.borland.com>...
>I have a Logon form in my application and a user running XP is telling me
>that he has to scroll down the form to get at the Ok button.
>This seems very strange, as the form is not very big anyway and only
>contains 2 buttons and 1 Radio group box containing 2 radio buttons.

>I haven't got Windows XP so i wondered if anyone else had seen this
>behaviour ?

>Many thank
>John

Re:Small Form giving trouble in Windows XP

Thanks to you all.

John

Re:Small Form giving trouble in Windows XP

> - set scaled False
> - override Loaded for the form to have HandleNeeded (if required)

I'm not sure what you mean by this.
If i override the Loaded procedure what do i put in this new procedure ?
What does "if required" mean ?

Thanks
John

Other Threads