SQL Links and MS SQL Server 2000

I connect in a CppBuilder 5 app to a MS SQL Server2000 database through SQL
Links 'MSSQL' (version 5.1.1.1).

Everything seems to work fine, except when I try to use a 'Filter' on a
TTable. As soon as I open a filtered TTable, I get the exception 'Capability
not supported'.

Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

Btw: a ODBC-connection works just fine, but I just think SQL Links should
to.

Thanks...

Re:SQL Links and MS SQL Server 2000

The BDE SQL Server driver is based on Microsoft's DBLIB client
library. As part of their push to get everyone to move to ADO
Microsoft stopped updating DBLIB after SQL Server 6.7. Therefore, the
BDE SQL Links driver does not support any of the new features in SQL
Server 7 or 2000. That may be what is causing your error. The best way
to access SQL Server 2000 is with the ADO components.

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:43:29 +0100, "Bert Buikema"

--
Bill (TeamB)