Locking issues between 16 bit BDE and 32 bit BDE

We have two programs running on the same machine, accessing the same 16 bit
Paradox database.

Previously, both programs were using 16 bit BDE and there were no locking
problems.

We have upgraded one of the programs to 32 bit (no major functionality
changes). LOCAL SHARE is set to True for both 16 bit BDE and 32 bit BDE. Net
Dirs point to the same place.

Now we are getting several 'Lock violation' errors in the 16 bit program and
the customer is also reporting 'Record locked by another user' errors in the
32 bit program.

Are there any locking issues we should be aware of when running 16 bit and
32 bit BDE on the same machine ?

Thanks,
Donna.