Inserting Values into Blob Field using SQL

Can someone please give me a example of a sql to insert a string into a blob
field

ie insert into table(StringField,Blobfield) values ("StringA","String")

Any examples would be greately appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

Re:Inserting Values into Blob Field using SQL

In article <3ddaa...@newsgroups.borland.com>, Tim Horn says...

> Can someone please give me a example of a sql to insert a string into a blob
> field

With IB, you have to use a UDF to do it via SQL

Phil

Re:Inserting Values into Blob Field using SQL

Any chance of an example ? I want to use IBSQL ?

Thanks

Tim

Tim Horn wrote:

> Any chance of an example ? I want to use IBSQL ?

If you want to use IBSQL, just make the blob fields parameters in the SQL
statement and set the parameter value to the text you want to store.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Maybe it was infatuation or the thrill of the chase.

Other Threads