Master detail in one grid, like excel?

In Excel it is possible to have a master row with detail
accessible by clicking a plus on the master row. Is it possible
to do anything like this one a dbgrid linked to paradox tables?

Pat Bell

Re:Master detail in one grid, like excel?

No. At least not with the Borland DBGrid. You could pop-up a dialog with the
detail records or reduce the size of the master grid and display a detail
grid below it.

--
Bill

Re:Master detail in one grid, like excel?

You could even instantiate an "Excel.Spreadsheet" OLE object in a frame
on your form and go to town ...  :-}

>Bill Todd (TeamB) wrote:

> No. At least not with the Borland DBGrid. You could pop-up a dialog with the
> detail records or reduce the size of the master grid and display a detail
> grid below it.

Re:Master detail in one grid, like excel?

You could use a tree instead of a grid depending on the D
version and 3rd party controls.
"P.S.Bell" <p...@PatBell.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> In Excel it is possible to have a master row with detail
> accessible by clicking a plus on the master row. Is it
possible
> to do anything like this one a dbgrid linked to paradox
tables?

> Pat Bell

Re:Master detail in one grid, like excel?

In Delphi Mag this month there was an article about MSDataShape and its use
(in ADO 2.0) to create heirarchical record sets (child records via an
ellipsis). I have ADOExpress but afaik there are no Paradox ADO drivers.
I had hoped that there was a way for me to do this.

In article <3a6374b3$1_1@dnews>, Bill Todd (TeamB) wrote:
> No. At least not with the Borland DBGrid. You could pop-up a dialog with the
> detail records or reduce the size of the master grid and display a detail
> grid below it.

> --
> Bill

Pat Bell

Re:Master detail in one grid, like excel?

I have never heard of an ADO driver for Paradox either.

--
Bill

Other Threads