Heap manager fault with Borland C++ 5.02?

Dear All,

I am experiencing a fault that looks suspiciously like a Heap Manager
failure in a large application built with using Borland C++ 5.02 running
under Windows NT SP5.

My application generates Access Violations and under debug these all
demonstrate the same basic symptom, despite crashing on different lines of
code.  All of the crashes appear to be due to trying to access previously
allocated memory that I firmly believe I have not freed.  Dump in
Turbode{*word*81} seems to indicate that several pages of memory including the
address I am accessing are no longer accessable to my application (marked
with ??) when the failures occur.

It appears that the OS no longer thinks I am in control of this memory?

I have found a reference in MSDN to Heap Manager pattern changes that
occurred in NT SP4 that may cause applications that don't handle the heap
correctly to fail.  My application doesn't perform any heap management of
its own.

Has anyone else experienced a problem like this with Borland C++ 5.02.  Am I
justified in suspecting the Borland C++ 5.02 heap management is at fault and
being shown up by NT4 SP4?

Thanks in advance,

Mike Hampton
AIM Ltd.
Hilperton, Wilts, ENGLAND.

Re:Heap manager fault with Borland C++ 5.02?

Hi Mike,

> Has anyone else experienced a problem like this with Borland C++ 5.02.  Am
> justified in suspecting the Borland C++ 5.02 heap management is at fault
and
> being shown up by NT4 SP4?

you might take a look at
http://www.sirma.bg/Jogy/bcrtlfix.html