why status bar under windows task bar??

I'm pretty new to Delphi and wonder if there is a way to adapt automatically
the height of the bottom of a form, depending on the presence of a windows
task bar or not... .
So when maximizing our form that my statusbar is not under that task bar and
when pulling down the task bar that my form does not show a gap...

Thanks
Bert

Re:why status bar under windows task bar??

So where is the problem?
The form is automatically resized if taskabar is moved (at least in D5)

"User Delphi" <denber...@pandora.be> wrote in message

> I'm pretty new to Delphi and wonder if there is a way to adapt
automatically
> the height of the bottom of a form, depending on the presence of a windows
> task bar or not... .
> So when maximizing our form that my statusbar is not under that task bar
and
> when pulling down the task bar that my form does not show a gap...

> Thanks
> Bert

Re:why status bar under windows task bar??

You can use:

var
  R: TRect;
begin
  if SystemParametersInfo(SPI_GETWORKAREA, 0, @R, 0) then
    Form.BoundsRect := R;
end;

"User Delphi" <denber...@pandora.be> schreef in bericht

> I'm pretty new to Delphi and wonder if there is a way to adapt
automatically
> the height of the bottom of a form, depending on the presence of a windows
> task bar or not... .
> So when maximizing our form that my statusbar is not under that task bar
and
> when pulling down the task bar that my form does not show a gap...

> Thanks
> Bert

Re:why status bar under windows task bar??

> You can use:

> var
>   R: TRect;
> begin
>   if SystemParametersInfo(SPI_GETWORKAREA, 0, @R, 0) then
>     Form.BoundsRect := R;
> end;

... or set your form's height and top properties to what you want them to
be! :)
--
uws
MAILTO:  ln.bewfmt.eelretslob@spuorgswen  BACKWARDS!