Graphic printing slowly

Hello

I am printing graphic to the printer:

Bit:=TBitmap.Create;
Bit.LoadFromFile('c:\SyklusProgram\Grafikk\Bilder\Logo.bmp');
Printer.BeginDoc;
xWidth:=round(Printer.PageWidth*0.7);
Printer.Canvas.StretchDraw(Rect(0,0,xWidth,xWidth),Bit);
Printer.EndDoc;
Bit.Free;

I have a problem with slow speed.
The printing process from the program to the printing queue is relatively
quick, but when I start printing from the queue, the progress is very slow
and the computer is almost totaly occupied with this task.
I am printing on a BJC-5100 using "EMF" data type.

The file "Logo.bmp" was originally 16 million colors and 8 Mbyte.
I made it 256 colors, which took size down to 3 Mbyte, and helped some to
pick up speed. But it is still not good and the graphic has lost some of its
quality.

Is there some solutition to this?

Yours Odin

Re:Graphic printing slowly

Hi,

From my small experience the speed problem is because you give the
printer a command to stretch the bitmap when printing can you stretch
it before sending to the printer and use draw instead to see what
happens.

Regards
Johnnie.

Odin Roll-Hansen wrote:

> Hello

> I am printing graphic to the printer:

> Bit:=TBitmap.Create;
> Bit.LoadFromFile('c:\SyklusProgram\Grafikk\Bilder\Logo.bmp');
> Printer.BeginDoc;
> xWidth:=round(Printer.PageWidth*0.7);
> Printer.Canvas.StretchDraw(Rect(0,0,xWidth,xWidth),Bit);
> Printer.EndDoc;
> Bit.Free;

Re:Graphic printing slowly

"Johnnie" <STDREAMER.NOJUNK.NE...@E{*word*277}.COM> skrev i en meddelelse

> From my small experience the speed problem is because you give the
> printer a command to stretch the bitmap when printing can you stretch
> it before sending to the printer and use draw instead to see what
> happens.

Never use draw to print a bitmap, that will fail on many printers.

Finn Tolderlund

Re:Graphic printing slowly

"Finn Tolderlund" <XnospamYfinn.tolderlu...@Ymobilixnet.dkXnospamY> wrote in message news:3ac750c4
> Never use draw to print a bitmap, that will fail on many printers.

The best free approach is to use StretchDraw, which is shown here:
http://homepages.borland.com/efg2lab/Library/Delphi/Printing/Default....

The best approach is likely to use Joe Hecht's tools:
Joe Hecht's TExcellentImagePrinter
http://www.code4sale.com/joehecht/prndib.htm

--
efg     e...@efg2.com     Earl F. Glynn, Overland Park, KS  USA