* Drawing to the GDI using DirectX

I saw a program last x-mas that showed a robot walking around on the
desktop.  I think Dogz! even does what I'm thinking of.  I wanted to try
doing that with DX, but from what I've done and seen (mostly fullscreen) you
need a surface to blt to.  I'm not trying to create a windowed DX program, I
want to draw to the desktop.

Should I abandon the DX approach, and use some other method?  Does Screen
have a TCanvas to draw to?  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel Spiess
Achieve Communications
dspi...@achieve.com

Re:* Drawing to the GDI using DirectX

WHy dont you use the windows desktop handle as the window and you can still
use DirectX

Shane Osborne

Daniel Spiess wrote in message <6qcg23$f...@forums.borland.com>...
>I saw a program last x-mas that showed a robot walking around on the
>desktop.  I think Dogz! even does what I'm thinking of.  I wanted to try
>doing that with DX, but from what I've done and seen (mostly fullscreen)
you
>need a surface to blt to.  I'm not trying to create a windowed DX program,
>want to draw to the desktop.

>Should I abandon the DX approach, and use some other method?  Does Screen
>have a TCanvas to draw to?  Any ideas?

>Thanks in advance,
>Daniel Spiess
>Achieve Communications