Capability not Supported (Personal Oracle 8)

Hi all:

Im trying to open a parameterized query in a Personal Oracle 8 database and
it returns the error "Capability not supported". The query has the
RequestLive property as True. Im using Delphi 3 and BDE 5.01.

Thanks

Jackson Gomes
Tools&Comps - Security Components for Delphi
Web Site: http://www.toolsandcomps.com
     e-mail: jack...@toolsandcomps.com
   Phone: 55 27 99602760

Re:Capability not Supported (Personal Oracle 8)

What does your SQL Statement look like?
Request Live cannot be used with SQL clauses like Group By...etc.

Jackson Gomes <i...@toolsandcomps.com> wrote in message

> Hi all:

> Im trying to open a parameterized query in a Personal Oracle 8 database
and
> it returns the error "Capability not supported". The query has the
> RequestLive property as True. Im using Delphi 3 and BDE 5.01.

> Thanks

> Jackson Gomes
> Tools&Comps - Security Components for Delphi
> Web Site: http://www.toolsandcomps.com
>      e-mail: jack...@toolsandcomps.com
>    Phone: 55 27 99602760

Re:Capability not Supported (Personal Oracle 8)

Hi Les:

> What does your SQL Statement look like?
> Request Live cannot be used with SQL clauses like Group By...etc.

Yes, I know. The query looks like:

Select *
From Table
Where aField = :aParameter

The most interesting is that it works in all other databases I have tested
(Paradox, MS-Access, Interbase, MS-SQL Server...) but does not work with
Personal Oracle 8. Maybe a BDE bug?

Thanks

Jackson Gomes
Tools&Comps - Security Components for Delphi
Web Site: http://www.toolsandcomps.com
     e-mail: jack...@toolsandcomps.com
   Phone: 55 27 99602760

> Jackson Gomes <i...@toolsandcomps.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all:

> > Im trying to open a parameterized query in a Personal Oracle 8 database
> and
> > it returns the error "Capability not supported". The query has the
> > RequestLive property as True. Im using Delphi 3 and BDE 5.01.

> > Thanks

> > Jackson Gomes
> > Tools&Comps - Security Components for Delphi
> > Web Site: http://www.toolsandcomps.com
> >      e-mail: jack...@toolsandcomps.com
> >    Phone: 55 27 99602760

Re:Capability not Supported (Personal Oracle 8)

I beleive that the :aParameter must show in Capitals
Where aField = :aParameter

> Hi Les:

> > What does your SQL Statement look like?
> > Request Live cannot be used with SQL clauses like Group By...etc.

> Yes, I know. The query looks like:

> Select *
> From Table
> Where aField = :aParameter

> The most interesting is that it works in all other databases I have tested
> (Paradox, MS-Access, Interbase, MS-SQL Server...) but does not work with
> Personal Oracle 8. Maybe a BDE bug?

> Thanks

> Jackson Gomes
> Tools&Comps - Security Components for Delphi
> Web Site: http://www.toolsandcomps.com
>      e-mail: jack...@toolsandcomps.com
>    Phone: 55 27 99602760

> > Jackson Gomes <i...@toolsandcomps.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi all:

> > > Im trying to open a parameterized query in a Personal Oracle 8
database
> > and
> > > it returns the error "Capability not supported". The query has the
> > > RequestLive property as True. Im using Delphi 3 and BDE 5.01.

> > > Thanks

> > > Jackson Gomes
> > > Tools&Comps - Security Components for Delphi
> > > Web Site: http://www.toolsandcomps.com
> > >      e-mail: jack...@toolsandcomps.com
> > >    Phone: 55 27 99602760

Re:Capability not Supported (Personal Oracle 8)

Hi:

> I beleive that the :aParameter must show in Capitals
> Where aField = :aParameter

They are. Is this a BDE problem(BDE version 5.01)?

> Jackson Gomes <i...@toolsandcomps.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Les:

> > > What does your SQL Statement look like?
> > > Request Live cannot be used with SQL clauses like Group By...etc.

> > Yes, I know. The query looks like:

> > Select *
> > From Table
> > Where aField = :aParameter

> > The most interesting is that it works in all other databases I have
tested
> > (Paradox, MS-Access, Interbase, MS-SQL Server...) but does not work with
> > Personal Oracle 8. Maybe a BDE bug?

> > Thanks

> > Jackson Gomes
> > Tools&Comps - Security Components for Delphi
> > Web Site: http://www.toolsandcomps.com
> >      e-mail: jack...@toolsandcomps.com
> >    Phone: 55 27 99602760

> > > Jackson Gomes <i...@toolsandcomps.com> wrote in message