Run TPX in Windows95 dos box?

Just wondering. It's known turbo.exe will not run in a w95 dos box.
How about TPX then? I tried that and so far no problem yet. Any idea?

--

Libing PENG (libing.p...@rug.ac.be)
Q: What's the difference between a software producer and God?

Re:Run TPX in Windows95 dos box?

In article <46jl25$...@infoserv.rug.ac.be>,

Libing Peng <lp...@eduserv.rug.ac.be> wrote:
>Just wondering. It's known turbo.exe will not run in a w95 dos box.
>How about TPX then? I tried that and so far no problem yet. Any idea?

>--

>Libing PENG (libing.p...@rug.ac.be)
>Q: What's the difference between a software producer and God?
>A: There are people who believe what God says.

Turbo.exe WILL run in a Win95 DOS box. I use it all the time, as it's my
favorite editor, due to the fully configurable TOOLS menu, enabling it to be
used for writing ASM modules and assembling them from within the IDE.

TPX should run with no problems, since the IDE runs under DPMI, which Windows
95 fully supports.

Hope this helps :)

--
Anthony Williams                    /--------------------------------------/
                                   /On the Net, no-one can hear you scream/

Anthony Williams (sjoh0...@sable.ox.ac.uk) wrote:

: Turbo.exe WILL run in a Win95 DOS box. I use it all the time, as it's my
: favorite editor, due to the fully configurable TOOLS menu, enabling it to be
: used for writing ASM modules and assembling them from within the IDE.

How come? I can get it work. Once I start it w95 says I need to be in DOS
mode, and ask me to restart.

: TPX should run with no problems, since the IDE runs under DPMI, which Windows
: 95 fully supports.

Thanks. At least one IDE works :)

--

Libing PENG (libing.p...@rug.ac.be)
Q: What's the difference between a software producer and God?
A: There are people who believe what God says.