Group Development In D2

I'm working with a team of 10 developers. My problem is that everybody
out here in my office are new to Delphi except me, even I'm not really
very good at Delphi.
We are developing forms in our individual dir and then integrating it in
a common dir. Problem with this is only one person can work at a time in
common dir, also there are lots of version control problems, as we end
up keeping couple of copies of our code and finally get confused as to
which one is latest.
 I tried using PVCS but I found it slightly confusing as I've not used
it earlier.
 Is there some material or example available?
 Or Is there any other way of doing Group Development ?

(*Be patient guys I'm new at D2*)
Nimesh

Re:Group Development In D2

>> Problem with this is only one person can work at a time in
>>common dir, also there are lots of version control problems, as we end
>>up keeping couple of copies of our code and finally get confused as to
>>which one is latest.
>> I tried using PVCS but I found it slightly confusing as I've not used
>>it earlier.
>> Is there some material or example available?

We used PVCS to overcome problems similar to what you describe,
however, we purchased the retail version of PVCS from
intersolve....

The retail version seems to be much friendlier to
administrate than the OEM version bundled with Delphi.

===
Bill

Re:Group Development In D2

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998 14:42:02 +0530, nytil <tsb...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>I'm working with a team of 10 developers. My problem is that everybody
>out here in my office are new to Delphi except me, even I'm not really
>very good at Delphi.
>We are developing forms in our individual dir and then integrating it in
>a common dir. Problem with this is only one person can work at a time in
>common dir, also there are lots of version control problems, as we end
>up keeping couple of copies of our code and finally get confused as to
>which one is latest.
> I tried using PVCS but I found it slightly confusing as I've not used
>it earlier.
> Is there some material or example available?
> Or Is there any other way of doing Group Development ?

>(*Be patient guys I'm new at D2*)
>Nimesh

something you may try is StarTeam which is a windows based product
that allows the developer to graphically check in and out projects or
files.  It is inexpensive and much more robust than PVCS in my
estimation ( in the windows environment ).

Trevor Wells
trev...@extendsys.com

Re:Group Development In D2

>>something you may try is StarTeam

I've heard a number of people recommend Star Team...

Though I have no experience with it myself...

It certainly is less expensive than PVCS and looks to
be more robust... at least from the adverts...

====
Bill

Re:Group Development In D2

Trevor Wells wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jan 1998 14:42:02 +0530, nytil <tsb...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >I'm working with a team of 10 developers. My problem is that everybody
> >out here in my office are new to Delphi except me, even I'm not really
> >very good at Delphi.
> >We are developing forms in our individual dir and then integrating it in
> >a common dir. Problem with this is only one person can work at a time in
> >common dir, also there are lots of version control problems, as we end
> >up keeping couple of copies of our code and finally get confused as to
> >which one is latest.
> > I tried using PVCS but I found it slightly confusing as I've not used
> >it earlier.
> > Is there some material or example available?
> > Or Is there any other way of doing Group Development ?

> >(*Be patient guys I'm new at D2*)
> >Nimesh

> something you may try is StarTeam which is a windows based product
> that allows the developer to graphically check in and out projects or
> files.  It is inexpensive and much more robust than PVCS in my
> estimation ( in the windows environment ).

> Trevor Wells
> trev...@extendsys.com

Where can i get more info about Star team and PVCS ?
Thank's
Ingo Temme

Re:Group Development In D2

>>Where can i get more info about Star team and PVCS ?

I recall seeing Star Team advertised in Programmer's Paradise...

For PVCS, try  www.intersolv.com

===
Bill

Other Threads