Wanted to BUY: Delphi 4.0 Professional

Hi;

I am an experienced delphi programmer that has gone astray, sort of...

I worked with Delphi Version 1Pro for nearly 2 years doing Airline
application demos and stuff, but the company I worked for couldn't get it
off the ground (so to speak).

I have been working in Service and Support with another company ever since,
but want to get back into Delphi.

Unfortunately the company I work for swear by the safety of MS Visual C++
and don't use Delphi for development work.

As a hobbyist only, I cannot afford $500 for the Delphi Professional edition
software, and the Standard edition is just too weak. (I have this version,
it does not include the source code, and will not work with ODBC and MSSQL).

Does someone out there have a copy of Delphi 4 Pro, that they are willing to
sell to me, for say $100.00?

Thanks for your time.

Regards.

Doug Haskins
hask...@direct.ca

Re:Wanted to BUY: Delphi 4.0 Professional

Hi Doug,

Egghead software has the D3 Pro version for $69.

at   www.egghead.com

  Search for DELPHI

Good luck.

Frank
-----------------------------

Doug wrote:

> Hi;

> I am an experienced delphi programmer that has gone astray, sort of...

> I worked with Delphi Version 1Pro for nearly 2 years doing Airline
> application demos and stuff, but the company I worked for couldn't get it
> off the ground (so to speak).

> I have been working in Service and Support with another company ever since,
> but want to get back into Delphi.

> Unfortunately the company I work for swear by the safety of MS Visual C++
> and don't use Delphi for development work.

> As a hobbyist only, I cannot afford $500 for the Delphi Professional edition
> software, and the Standard edition is just too weak. (I have this version,
> it does not include the source code, and will not work with ODBC and MSSQL).

> Does someone out there have a copy of Delphi 4 Pro, that they are willing to
> sell to me, for say $100.00?

> Thanks for your time.

> Regards.

> Doug Haskins
> hask...@direct.ca

Re:Wanted to BUY: Delphi 4.0 Professional

Frank;

Hmm. I see they have the Delphi 3 Pro Upgrade on special for $49, but don't
see any mention of the full version for $69.

I think if I go back to Delphi version 3, I would need to get the full
package or the install will fail (I only have Delphi 4 Standard at the
moment).

Please correct me if I'm wrong though.. and thank you for the input.

Doug.

Frank Fortino wrote in message <36736494.FEF54...@svn.net>...
>Hi Doug,

>Egghead software has the D3 Pro version for $69.

>at   www.egghead.com

>  Search for DELPHI

>Good luck.

>Frank
>-----------------------------

>Doug wrote:

>> Hi;

>> I am an experienced delphi programmer that has gone astray, sort of...

>> I worked with Delphi Version 1Pro for nearly 2 years doing Airline
>> application demos and stuff, but the company I worked for couldn't get it
>> off the ground (so to speak).

>> I have been working in Service and Support with another company ever
since,
>> but want to get back into Delphi.

>> Unfortunately the company I work for swear by the safety of MS Visual C++
>> and don't use Delphi for development work.

>> As a hobbyist only, I cannot afford $500 for the Delphi Professional
edition
>> software, and the Standard edition is just too weak. (I have this
version,
>> it does not include the source code, and will not work with ODBC and
MSSQL).

>> Does someone out there have a copy of Delphi 4 Pro, that they are willing
>> sell to me, for say $100.00?

>> Thanks for your time.

>> Regards.

>> Doug Haskins