Dll - Get rid of BORLNDMM.DLL

I have a dll application in C++ Builder 4.0.

In my program I use the command : new char[...
If i compile my application, I must include in my dll output file
directory,
also files called BORLNDMM.DLL,  cp3240mt.dll, cp3245mt.dll.

I don't want to include the above dll extra files.
How do I do this in an elegant way.
I would like a sample code :)
Thanks.

Re:Dll - Get rid of BORLNDMM.DLL

Eitan,

Please try to think more carefully before you post your messages.

All Builder related questions should be posted to the .CPPBUILDER.
sections of this newsgroup. Taking the time and trouble to choose the
right newsgroup section will avoid cluttering up the wrong section
with irrelevant questions and will help you reach a more appropriate
and more knowledgeable audience.

Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:59:07 +0200, Eitan <ei...@visiomed.com> wrote:
>I have a dll application in C++ Builder 4.0.

In the future,  please post your C++Builder questions to a C++Builder
newsgroup (you can tell which ones they are by the "cppbuilder" in the
newsgroup name).

>In my program I use the command : new char[...
>If i compile my application, I must include in my dll output file directory,
>also files called BORLNDMM.DLL,  cp3240mt.dll, cp3245mt.dll.

>I don't want to include the above dll extra files.
>How do I do this in an elegant way.
>I would like a sample code :)

Well,  for the last two,  go to your compiler options and turn-off the "use
dynamic RTL" setting.  Those files are the dynamic RTL,  so by statically
linking to the RTL,  you should no longer need them.  For ten Borlndmm.DLL
file,  you may have a bigger problem.  This DLL is a memory manager file
which is needed if you allocate memory in a DLL and release it from the
host application (or the other way around allocating the memory in the EXE
and releasing it in the DLL).  The solution here is to not do that... <g>
A side note for you,  that changing the RTL setting may resolve the other
issue for you as well,  but it may not either...

Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
--
http://www.teamb.com                                      JersW...@wwa.com
Please do *NOT* send private e-mail without prior permission (my anti-spam

Other Threads