How can MDI child forms have child forms ?

Hello All,

I have three MDI applications that I would like to Integrate into
one MDI application and I need these three MDI apps to keep
there individual MDI interfaces.

Q. How can have different MDI applications running under a common
    MDI Application ?

    The MDI parent child functionality needs to stay in place for each
     application I integrate.

    I need to do this because it will help me to program large
    systems in indavidule projects, this is a much more organized
    way to break down large programs and keep them self contained.

Q. Can a child MDI form have Children forms ?

Thanks to everyone in this group for all
the help I've received, I'll try to help as many
people that I can to solve there problems.

Mark W. Vaughn
mwvau...@mcs.net

Re:How can MDI child forms have child forms ?

Mark Vaughn (mwvau...@mcs.net) wrote:

:
:
:
: Hello All,
:
[...]
My understanding is that an application can only one parent MDI form,
and that this is a restriction imposed by windows.  This is why Delphi
(and Visual Basic) doesnt use MDI, because then an MDI application
couldn't run in debug mode.  As I see it, you would need to have 3
separate applications, and call them from each other.

Maybe... you could have a parent form (not MDI) which creates the
required MDI parent, and makes sure that only one of them is running.

Oliver Townshend
oliv...@zip.com.au

Other Threads