Running WinHelp with the contents tab in Delphi 3

Hi,

how do i run winhelp with the contents tab on startup
instead of a topic? I only found TApplication.HelpContext
and .HelpJump, but they're no use.

Thanks,
Bernd Liebermann

Re:Running WinHelp with the contents tab in Delphi 3

Use:

Application.HelpCommand(HELP_CONTENTS, 0);

(see the 'WinHelp' topic in win32.hlp for possible commands)

"Bernd Liebermann" <bernd.lieberm...@rhein-main.net> schreef in bericht

> Hi,

> how do i run winhelp with the contents tab on startup
> instead of a topic? I only found TApplication.HelpContext
> and .HelpJump, but they're no use.

> Thanks,
> Bernd Liebermann

Re:Running WinHelp with the contents tab in Delphi 3

>> Application.HelpCommand(HELP_CONTENTS, 0);

Sorry, but this opens the "default" topic of a Windows95 help file, not the
tree-view with the table of contents. To open the table-of-contents window,
you use the following command:

application.helpcommand(HELP_FINDER, 0);

This, however, opens the help navigation window in that state it was left by
the user when last time. To display the table of contents by sure (the first
tab before the Index and Search tab), better use another command that is
only documented in HCW.HLP:

const
    HELP_TAB = 15;
begin
    application.helpcommand(HELP_TAB, 0);

Alexander Halser
http://www.ec-software.com
Help & Manual - the next generation in help authoring

Other Threads