TidAntiFreeze

I want to be able to press an "Abort" button during the transfer of multiple
http pages using TidHttp. I used TidAntiFreeze and set it to Active, but it
didn't do the trick. The form repaints, but the controls are frozen untill
all transactions are over. I also experimented with Process and Sleep with
no succes. Does TidAntiFreeze does what I want, and if yes, how?
Documentation is very brief and confusing for me.
Thank you

Kyris

Re:TidAntiFreeze

Have you seen the HTTP demo? It uses an AntiFreeze and an abort button.

Re:TidAntiFreeze

> Have you seen the HTTP demo? It uses an AntiFreeze and an abort button.

I've done everything like the HTTP demo, but it works only once. Explaining:
I use a message dialog to confirm the abort. If the abort is confirmed I
disconnect the socket and everything is fine. If it's not, I simply return
from the event and the abort button freezes as the whole form until the
transfer is over. No properties are changed, no flags are set or cleared.
I'm banging my head on the keyboard over that. C:-(

Re:TidAntiFreeze

Did you find a solution after banging on your head?  :-(
I'm having similar problem.  My main concern is that other
GUI controls are frozen during this time.  If you or anyone
finds a solution please let me know, preferably by email
as well.  Thanks,
Gilbert

Re:TidAntiFreeze

never put the socket operation inside your main thread. create another
thread for them and keep your appliance ALIVE.
"Gilbie" <g...@iname.com> wrote in message <news:3bcf469d_1@dnews>...
> Did you find a solution after banging on your head?  :-(
> I'm having similar problem.  My main concern is that other
> GUI controls are frozen during this time.  If you or anyone
> finds a solution please let me know, preferably by email
> as well.  Thanks,
> Gilbert

Other Threads