new to programming

Ok, i want to start programming.  I know nothing about programming,
but i know my way around a computer.  I have turbo pascal 7.0.  Should
i learn pascal or basic?  please respond via email

http://www.netforward.com/deathsdoor/?thyle
MATW home page
http://www.geocities.com/vienna/1628/matw.htm
"You can't live without Jesus anymore" -John Gibson

Re:new to programming

th...@deathsdoor.com (David Cougle) wrote:
>Ok, i want to start programming.  I know nothing about programming,
>but i know my way around a computer.  I have turbo pascal 7.0.  Should
>i learn pascal or basic?  please respond via email

Basic is pretty much a dinosaur.  You will have no need for it, as it
is an interpreted language.  You will find few who use it anymore.
Pascal would be a better choice.

Re:new to programming

th...@deathsdoor.com (David Cougle) wrote:

> Ok, i want to start programming.  I know nothing about programming,
> but i know my way around a computer.  I have turbo pascal 7.0.  Should
> i learn pascal or basic?  please respond via email

> http://www.netforward.com/deathsdoor/?thyle
> MATW home page
> http://www.geocities.com/vienna/1628/matw.htm
> "You can't live without Jesus anymore" -John Gibson

And then Campbell Basset wrote:
GO FOR IT!!!!!! (If you don't enjoy it, the stop, but if you already
have TP, DOIT!

Other Threads