Board index » delphi » calculated field and add new field

calculated field and add new field

Using Delphi 5 Professional Update Pack 1  and ADOExpress with Update 2.
After added a new field from field editor of a ADOquery, whether it is a
Calculated Field or a Lookup Field, when I compile and run the application,
the following error occurs when that query is called. 'EOleException with
message "An unknown error has occurred. Process stopped". '
This error comes up only when I compile and run within Delphi.
If I run it from a shortcut, I do not get those errors.
Please advise.
 

Re:calculated field and add new field


Quote
>message "An unknown error has occurred. Process stopped". '

This error is generated from using a lookup field.   This error is only
triggered in the IDE and won't affect your runtime exe.  You can ignore it or
set the lookupCache property to true.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:calculated field and add new field


chris
What I did was change ADODB.PAS a little to solve this problem
if you want email me and i will send you the fix

Regards

    David   agros...@arava.co.il

Quote
"chris" <ch...@intelligentdata.com> wrote in message

news:3a71ae9e_2@dnews...
Quote
> Using Delphi 5 Professional Update Pack 1  and ADOExpress with Update 2.
> After added a new field from field editor of a ADOquery, whether it is a
> Calculated Field or a Lookup Field, when I compile and run the
application,
> the following error occurs when that query is called. 'EOleException with
> message "An unknown error has occurred. Process stopped". '
> This error comes up only when I compile and run within Delphi.
> If I run it from a shortcut, I do not get those errors.
> Please advise.

Re:calculated field and add new field


if you don't mind please send me your fixed ADODB.PAS.
thanks
wilson

Quote
"David B.E" <agros...@arava.co.il> wrote in message

news:94virn$d1e9@bornews.inprise.com...
Quote
> chris
> What I did was change ADODB.PAS a little to solve this problem
> if you want email me and i will send you the fix

> Regards

>     David   agros...@arava.co.il

> "chris" <ch...@intelligentdata.com> wrote in message
> news:3a71ae9e_2@dnews...
> > Using Delphi 5 Professional Update Pack 1  and ADOExpress with Update 2.
> > After added a new field from field editor of a ADOquery, whether it is a
> > Calculated Field or a Lookup Field, when I compile and run the
> application,
> > the following error occurs when that query is called. 'EOleException
with
> > message "An unknown error has occurred. Process stopped". '
> > This error comes up only when I compile and run within Delphi.
> > If I run it from a shortcut, I do not get those errors.
> > Please advise.

Other Threads