Message handler for ole applications that are launched from within an app

Once I have the handle of an application created from within delphi using

           msWord := CreateOleObject('Word.Basic');
           wHandle := FindWindow(Nil, PChar('Microsoft Word'));

is there anyway that I can intercept the messages or write my own message
handler for it, I'm not too hopeful mind you

FIA

Paul Clift

Re:Message handler for ole applications that are launched from within an app

<<Paul Clift (Team Cleft):
is there anyway that I can intercept the messages or write
my own message handler for it

Word's automation object model doesn't give you access to
the Windows messages sent to it. For that you'd need to
write a hook, and the relevant newsgroup would be
borland.public.delphi.winapi.

--
Deborah Pate (TeamB)
http://delphi-jedi.org

Re:Message handler for ole applications that are launched from within an app

To hook into Win32 window messages, check out the SetWindowLong API.

have fun
--
Binh Ly
http://www.techvanguards.com

"Paul Clift (Team Cleft)" <pcl...@tickets.com> wrote in message

> Once I have the handle of an application created from within delphi using

>            msWord := CreateOleObject('Word.Basic');
>            wHandle := FindWindow(Nil, PChar('Microsoft Word'));

> is there anyway that I can intercept the messages or write my own message
> handler for it, I'm not too hopeful mind you

> FIA

> Paul Clift

Other Threads