Associating data in a rich edit with external data structures

Hi,

Is it possible to associate the text in a TRichEdit with external
(programmer defined) data structures? E.g, each TTreeNode has an object
reference which you can use to store data 'behind the scenes'.

I'm thinking of something like an additional user field on the
TTextAttributes object.

Is this possible or am I barking up the wrong tree? (As we Brits say).

Thanks

dan
Dan Bennett - Systems Architect
Interati
www.interati.co.uk

Re:Associating data in a rich edit with external data structures

Hi, Dan.

I am not aware of any TRichEdit feature that does what I think that you
want.  As far as I know, there is also nothing in the underlying Windows
Rich Edit that does this.

robert

Dan Bennett wrote:

> Hi,

> Is it possible to associate the text in a TRichEdit with external
> (programmer defined) data structures? E.g, each TTreeNode has an object
> reference which you can use to store data 'behind the scenes'.

> I'm thinking of something like an additional user field on the
> TTextAttributes object.

> Is this possible or am I barking up the wrong tree? (As we Brits say).

> Thanks

> dan
> Dan Bennett - Systems Architect
> Interati