Urgent, URGENT problem!

Hello,

We are experiencing a big problem.  Earlier today a client had some sort of
system crash.  When the system was up and running again, the Delphi
application gave the following error message:

    "An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database
Engine."

On this Windows 2000 machine, we removed the BDE using "Add/Remove Programs"
and we also deleted the BDE folder for good measure.  We then reinstalled
the BDE and configured it properly.

The BDE Administrator works properly.  We can open it and change its
settings, for example.  But the Delphi application still gives the error
message above.

For what it's worth, the Delphi application is running on hundreds of PCs
and I have not experienced this problem before.  Any ideas?

Dale Francis

Re:Urgent, URGENT problem!

What O/S is this machine running?

Scan the hard drive and make sure there is only one copy of
IDAPI32.DLL.

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 12:44:09 -0600, "Dale Francis"

--
Bill (TeamB)