does Oracle stored proc return a result set?

Hi all,
   I'm a delphi novice. can i use oracle stored proc to return a result
set in delphi? i have done it in PB by using PBDBMS. is ther something
similar in delphi?

TIA,
G.P.

Re:does Oracle stored proc return a result set?

Oracle and Delphi are not yet able to return cursor results. But you
can use pl/sql functions in oracle select statements thus getting the
same result !

like this

create o replace function demo (i_mychar in varchar2) return varchar2
is
begin
        -- just an easy upper case !
        return(upper(i_maychar));
        -- you can do opening cursors and much more whatever you need
!
end;

select demo(yourcolumnname) from yourtable;
On 17 Apr 1997 03:15:30 GMT, ped...@aol.com (Pedsat) wrote:

>Hi all,
>   I'm a delphi novice. can i use oracle stored proc to return a result
>set in delphi? i have done it in PB by using PBDBMS. is ther something
>similar in delphi?

>TIA,
>G.P.

Christian Kaas
Client/Server development and consulting
Fax. 49-9129-5518
Phone 49-9129-5508

Other Threads