Keystroke Recorder

Greetings.
I am Ralez.

My Win98 has been crashing quite a bit ever since I got it, and my
friends complain about the same, so I decided to make an app that
records ALL keystrokes and saves them to files which are sorted by
date, and inside the files, the keystrokes are sorted by the captions
of the windows they are typed in. Anyway, none of this has been a
problem making, except that I don't know how to make Delphi record
keystrokes without having to make the Delphi app the open one.

I wanna be able to record keystrokes from e.g. MS-Word and Notepad and
all other applications.

I guess version 1.0 will be sort of a pioneer in my programming, so I
won't  NEED the methods of getting the captions of other windows yet.
Just getting how the heck I can record keystrokes, well, that would be
just fine for version 1.0.

Thanx in advance,
and please e-mail me at ra...@islandia.is if you can help.
:)

Ralez
ra...@islandia.is

Re:Keystroke Recorder

Ralez wrote:

> I wanna be able to record keystrokes from e.g. MS-Word and Notepad and
> all other applications.

I remember doing this using a Windows Hook function, using the
SetWindowsHook function with filtertype WH_JournalRecord.  It worked
fine after some messing about in Windows API functions etc.

The code was Delphi 1.0 under Windows 3.11 though.   Any use?

Dave

Re:Keystroke Recorder

HI,

  Dave has the right line of thought.  You can read about it in the
win32.hlp file in the help directory.  Realize though you will have to
create a dll and place the functions in there if you want to watch any
other threads other than your own. <ex MSWord>

  Mark Zwicker

Other Threads