Extract icon of EXE file ?

In article <31643825.7...@servier.ca> Denis Lavoie <dlav...@servier.ca> writes:
>From: Denis Lavoie <dlav...@servier.ca>
>Subject: Extract icon of EXE file ?
>Date: Thu, 04 Apr 1996 15:59:17 -0500
>I have to extract the graphic icon of any executable file (.EXE) and
>display it in a DELPHI program.
>I have no idea where to begin....
>Please, I want some tips !

Have alook at Borland's Old resource workshop, which can do it.

Otherwise I think you have to use LoadResource from the Win API

HTH

Boris Ingram, Cyborg Software
boris...@iafrica.com
http://www.pcb.co.za/users/borising/cyborg.htm

Re:Extract icon of EXE file ?

PC Magazine's Utilities column of 6/27/95 presented a program called
IconJack that could extract and display icons from EXEs, DLLs, and ICO
files.  It was written in Delphi.  ftp.zdnet.com:/pub/pcmag/1995/0627
will get you started.

--
Frank Burleigh 812-333-7082 (h); 812-855-9170 (o); 812-855-0555 (fax)
School of Law 254, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN  47405

Re:Extract icon of EXE file ?

In article <31643825.7...@servier.ca> Denis Lavoie <dlav...@servier.ca> writes:
>From: Denis Lavoie <dlav...@servier.ca>
>Subject: Extract icon of EXE file ?
>Date: Thu, 04 Apr 1996 15:59:17 -0500

>I have to extract the graphic icon of any executable file (.EXE) and
>display it in a DELPHI program.

>I have no idea where to begin....

>Please, I want some tips !

Have a look at the ExtractIcon() API call that's part of the ShellAPI
unit.  It will do what it sounds like you want.  I've done this in
Delphi, so Email me if you can't get it to work.

HTH

-* Stephen *-
Stephen Posey
University of New Orleans