Protected memory promlems running dos application under windows

I wrote a program in BP7 (Turbo vision for dos) in protected mode and
when i run the program under windows (3.11 or 95) sometimes I get
runtime error 216 or dpmi error.
The program works very good under dos.

Does anyone knows how to solve the memory managment problems.

Please Contact me at: a...@netvision.net.il
--
BM

Re:Protected memory promlems running dos application under windows

In article: <326E03EC.1...@netvision.net.co.il>  Aviran

<a...@netvision.net.co.il> writes:

>I wrote a program in BP7 (Turbo vision for dos) in protected mode and
>when i run the program under windows (3.11 or 95) sometimes I get
>runtime error 216 or dpmi error.
>The program works very good under dos.

>Does anyone knows how to solve the memory managment problems.

Setting "HeapLimit := 0;" at the start of the program will hopefully recreate
the problem while running it under DOS and TDX.EXE You should be able to sort
the problem out once you know where it is.

-- Jay

| Jason Burgon - author of Graphic Vision, TV-Like GUI for 256 Colour SVGA |
| g...@jayman.demon.co.uk   ftp://SimTel/msdos/turbopas/gv4svga1.zip         |
| ***NEW VERSION OF GV AVAILABLE FROM*** -> http://www.jayman.demon.co.uk  |

Re:Protected memory promlems running dos application under windows

Error 216 means you've accessed memory that wasn't allocated to you.  You
won't get the message under DOS because DOS won't detect it, but it could
cause the computer to crash or other weird problems.  So the answer is to
find what is causing the 216 error and fix it.  The TDX de{*word*81} should
help.

Other Threads