D5 + BDE +ODBC +SQL 7 - long field names (10th try: no answer)

Hi,
 I use D5 + BDE + ODBC + SQL 7.0.
 When I create table with field names longer than 25 characters,
 my Delphi program behaves unpredictably, regardless of whether it
 accesses this particular table or not. So does SQL explorer. I can't even
 execute
 "alter table drop column" command through SQL explorer, although everything
 works fine from Query Analyzer. I suspect it's BDE or ODBC.
 Does anybody know what causes this and what's a workaround?

Thank you

 Vadim

Re:D5 + BDE +ODBC +SQL 7 - long field names (10th try: no answer)

I'm not sure what the answer is to your specific problem, but I can tell you
that a number of my unexplained problems went away when I moved off the BDE
to ADO when dealing with SQL7.
"vadim" <va...@wisetrack.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>  I use D5 + BDE + ODBC + SQL 7.0.
>  When I create table with field names longer than 25 characters,
>  my Delphi program behaves unpredictably, regardless of whether it
>  accesses this particular table or not. So does SQL explorer. I can't even
>  execute
>  "alter table drop column" command through SQL explorer, although
everything
>  works fine from Query Analyzer. I suspect it's BDE or ODBC.
>  Does anybody know what causes this and what's a workaround?

> Thank you

>  Vadim

Other Threads